WH-PCA5060 Stainless Steel Anti Bird Control Bird Spike
- Base Material: Polycarbonate base& ss 304/316 wire
- Length of Spike: 110mm.
- Wire diameter of Spike: 1.3 mm.
- Spike Quantity Per Strip: 60 spikes.
- Protection Width : 80mm (spike tip to tip)
- Base size strip length: 50 cm.
Avoid the trouble of cleaning up birds droppings on the any where.
Free from bothered by the loud calls
Reducing health concerns from birds
We accept customization also, please send us your design or sample.
HOW TO GET RID OF BIRDS USING ANTI BIRD SPIKES
Anti Bird Spikes are a versatile range of precision engineered bird spikes designed to provide effective and humane control of problem urban birds. The upward pointing wires or ‘spikes’ act as a physical barrier to the birds, preventing them form landing or roosting on ledges, without hurting them. The clever design provides the solution to virtually every situation where spikes are suitable such as building ledges, gutters, pipes, signage, walls, light fittings and other areas where birds like to perch.
Bird Spikes can be used to protect buildings against pigeons, indian mynas, seagulls, etc in a wide variety of situations, from day time perching to night roosting sites and from narrow pipes to wide building ledges. The base is narrow, allowing these spikes to be installed on narrow pipes, sprinkler systems, etc. Whilst the way the spikes extend out at an angle means they can also be installed on wider ledges of up to 150mm. If the ledge you need to protect is wider than this you can simply run a double row of spikes to cover the ledge.
These spikes feature stainless steel wires which have the longest life expectancy in Australian conditions. The use of high tensile stainless steel in particular means birds cannot easily push them out of the way or bend them out of shape. UV-protection of polycarbonate bases further offers a valuable safeguard against cracking or breaking through prolonged exposure to sunlight. Anti Bird Spikes are designed to have a minimum 7 year life span in service.
Anti Bird Spikes are far less visible than plastic ones because they do not reflect sunlight and attract far less dirt, continuing to remain tidy and unobtrusive over an extended period. Their low profile bases that reduce visibility from the ground, with translucent plastic blending well into most building surfaces.
- Prevent pigeons, indian mynas, sparrows, starlings and other pest birds from perching on your property.
- Great for most applications.
- Long-lasting polycarbonate base and stainless steel spikes provides years of maintenance-free protection.
- Easy to install – Attach quickly with UV stabilised silicon adhesive, nails, screws, cable ties, etc.
- Transparent base – Polycarbonate is transparent which is practically invisible.
- Flexible – Mount easily on flat, curved or irregular surfaces.
- Environmentally friendly and non-lethal. Anti Bird Spikes do not harm or injure birds.
- Economical and lightweight – Sturdy polycarbonate base does the same job as stainless steel at a fraction of the cost.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are Anti Bird Spikes?
Anti Bird Spikes, also known as an anti-roosting spike or roost modification, is a device consisting of long, needle-like rods used for bird control. They can be attached to building ledges to prevent wild or feral birds from perching or roosting. Birds can produce large quantities of unsightly and unhygienic faeces, and some birds have very loud calls that can be inconvenient for nearby residents, especially at night. As a result, these are used to deter these birds without causing them harm or killing them.
Anti Bird Spikes work by reducing the area available for birds to land on. This forces birds to land elsewhere. As the birds do not come into contact with the spikes, the birds go unharmed.
Described as “the most effective (type of) stand-alone bird deterrent”, Anti Bird Spikes can be placed along ledges, walls, on top of commercial signage, closed circuit television cameras and in rain gutters, in order to prevent birds from perching on the surfaces. They are most common in city centres and coastal areas, where feral birds are more common and more likely to come into conflict with humans.
What birds do Anti Bird Spikes repel?
Our Anti Bird Spikes are the great all rounder. They can work effectively on larger pest birds like pigeons and seagulls as well as smaller birds like Indian mynas, sparrows and starlings. The reason they can do this is because of the way the spikes are arranged along the base. The sets of spikes are close enough together (or dense enough) along the base that small birds cannot land in between the rows. The individual spikes are also long enough (or high enough) that larger birds cannot straddle them and get a foot hold. Some other types of spikes we sell, such as the Avipoint range, are targeted mainly towards repelling pigeons. As such the spikes are more sparsely spaced along the base which leaves big enough gaps for smaller birds to land in between. So make sure you choose the right spike for the job.
How do you install Anti Bird Spikes?
Installing Anti Bird Spikes is extremely easy.
- Firstly make sure the surface you are attaching the spikes to is clean and clear of any dust, debris or bird droppings. Be aware, bird droppings can carry many diseases that can cause respiratory infections so be careful when cleaning and make sure you wear a suitable dust mask.
- Anti Bird Spikes can be installed to surfaces in several ways. The quickest and easiest way is usually with a UV stabilised silicon adhesive such as Avisil.
- Apply an even bead of silicon along the entire length of the spike base. Position spike strip in the desired location and press down firmly. Repeat this process with subsequent spike strips and link on to the end of the previous strip.
- You can also use nails or screws through the pre-drilled holes along the base.
Will these bird spikes harm or injure the birds?
No. Bird spikes are designed to create an uneven, spiky surface that birds cannot land on. The bird sees the spikes, and as a result will not attempt to land on the ledge. These spikes also feature blunted tips so even if the birds do accidentally come into contact they will not be harmed.
What maintenance is required with these spikes?
The great thing about installing bird spikes is they are maintenance free. They offer a long-term, cost effective and maintenance free solution to deterring birds. Life expectancy of these spikes is approximately 7 years under normal conditions
It can be joined connector for longer defensive line.